When building products, it is easy to lose track of why you are building something. How do you know if what you are building is helping your business grow?
Product owners have a ton of different stakeholders which very often makes their job impossible: 1) The business 2) The team 3) Users 4) Sales 5) Marketing….. You can’t make everyone happy all the time.
Without a clear strategy, process and tools to measure your progress in real-time, you will very easily end up in endless debates and arguments over what to do next.
- How do you decide what to build?
- How do you know that what you have built is being used?
- How do you know that what you have built is generating more revenue?
- How do you know that what you have built is making your users more retained?
- How do you align your entire team around a clear measurable goal?
Product owners get stuck on the first first two questions. However, it’s the answers to the questions after that that will differentiate an average product from a truly disruptive one.
Give us a shout if you would like help answering some of these questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.